The camera will be placed on the map based on its reported public IP address. Sometimes the reported public IP address is not registered to the physical location where the camera is installed. In these cases, you can manually set the map location for more accuracy. Map placement also affects a camera's time zone settings so it is important to ensure correct map location.
Changing the map placement
- Navigate to Cameras
- Click on the Camera you wish to change the location of
- Click on the blue Info button
- Click on address next to the blue Location field
- Enter the address of the location in the field
- Click Save to apply settings
- Now the location should be exactly where you want it
Note: Map placement by IP will only be set if the location hasn’t been set previously.
Changing the camera locations in bulk
- Navigate to the Cameras page
- Click the box next to the cameras that you want to edit the location for
- Click Change Camera location
- Enter the address of the location
- Click Confirm to apply settings