Verkada makes it easy to keep all of your cameras organized by site within your organization. Users can only see cameras in the sites for which they have been granted permission. This allows you to scope which cameras are accessible to each user or group. Because site permissions are broken down into roles, you also have the ability to specify the type of access each user or group has to the cameras within a site (viewer or admin). Please see the article on user permissions for more information.
Newly Added Cameras Site
Newly Added Cameras is a site that only appears when cameras are added to Command. This site is a special container to hold camera before they are added to sites created by admins. The Newly Added Cameras site will disappear when all of the cameras within it are moved into other sites you create.
Creating a Site
To create a site, click the + button next to the Sites tab.
Name your site and click Add.
Now you're ready to add cameras to this site. Click on the three vertical dots and click Move Cameras. Select the site to which the camera belong and confirm the selection by clicking on the blue arrow. Notice that you can select as many cameras as you would like.
Moving cameras in bulk to a site
- Navigate to the Cameras page
- Click on the box next to the cameras you wish to move to the site
- Click Change Camera Site at the top of the page
- Select the site you want to move the cameras to
- Click Confirm to move the cameras
Sub-sites are used to grant permissions to one or more cameras within a site. This eliminates having to create a new site each time you need to scope permissions to one more cameras. A sub-site can be nested in other sub-sites providing a hierarchy of permissions for better access control.
Create a sub-site
- Find the site where you want to create a sub-site, click the three dots on the top right hand corner, and click Create Sub-Site
- Enter a name for the sub-site in the Create field
- Select which site or sub-site to create the new sub-site in
- Select which cameras should be in the new sub-site
- Once the sub-site is created, you will see it within the site
Permissions for Sub-Sites
- A sub-site always inherits user permissions from its parent sub-site or site. To add additional users or groups, click the 3 dots on the top right hand icon of the site and then click either Edit User Permissions or Edit Group Permissions
- In User Permissions or Group Permissions view, you can edit user and group permissions on the sub-site. Only users and groups who have access to the sub-site will see the cameras within the sub-site in their Command account.
Users are now able to access any cameras in the sub-site with the permissions they have been granted.
Delete a sub-site
Note: You cannot delete a sub-site until all cameras have been removed.
Deleting the sub-site
- Find sub-site you want to delete
- Click the options icon
- Choose Delete Site
- Read the Delete site warning and click Delete