Verkada cameras can proactively notify you via SMS (text) or email when the camera detects more than a user-specified number of people or vehicles in the cameras field of view. Configuration steps and examples are below.
Configuring Crowd Notifications
To setup crowd notifications, follow the steps below.
Note: Crowd notifications are configured on a per-camera basis.
- Navigate to a camera you want to enable this feature on
- Go to Info > Settings...
- Select Crowd Notifications
- On the right, you can toggle which type of crowd notifications you wish to receive
- Change the notification threshold to the appropriate number of people or vehicles by clicking the dropdown menu
Enabling Crowd Email/SMS Notifications
After you have set up crowd notifications on your camera(s), you will then need to specify which type of notifications you wish to receive. Below are steps on how to do so.
Note: Email & SMS Notifications need to be set up on a per-user basis.
- In the top right-hand corner, click the Bell Icon
- Click See All Notifications
- In the top right-hand corner, click the Gear Icon
- Select the type of notifications you wish to receive