Floor plans are a great way to plan and visualize your Verkada system. They can also be useful for a myriad of reasons, from historical activity hotspots to active motion detection.
Adding and Labeling a Floor Plan
The floor plan file must be an .svg or .pdf file less than 5MB in size. In order to add a floor plan, the user must be an Organization Admin.
Uploading and aligning your floor plan
- To add a floor plan first go to Sites
- Hover your mouse over the site's name that is in bold
- Click the triple dot icon on the left side of the site name and click Add a Floorplan
- Select the file and wait a moment while the file uploads
- Once the file is uploaded it needs to be assigned a location and oriented on the map
Note: delimit each floor using a comma. For example floors 1, 2 and 3 would be entered as 1, 2, 3
Labeling a floor plan
- Go to the top right, click the Settings icon
- Then go to Floor Settings and click the +Abc button
- The label can then be dragged and dropped wherever you want on your floor plan
Adding and Removing a Camera
Adding a camera
- Click the Settings gear icon in the top right of the screen
- Then click Add camera, this will pull up a window with available cameras
- Select the camera(s) you would like to add to the floor plan
- Drag and place the camera(s) where you want on your floor plan. After you add the camera you can then view live feed from that camera from the floor plan
Note: cameras placed on the Floor Plan will inherit the GPS coordinates from the underlying Google Map.
If you edit the location of a floor Plan, Command will ask if you want to move all cameras placed on the floor Plan as well. The cameras will be assigned new GPS coordinates based on the new position of the floor Plan.
Removing a camera
- Select the camera
- In the top right, click Settings
- Click Edit Camera
- Click Remove Camera
Editing Existing Floor Plans
Editing Building Settings
- Navigate to the Sites page
- Click on Maps in the top right corner
- Click the floor plan you want to edit.
- Click the Cog wheel in the top right corner
- Click Floor Settings
- Hover your mouse over the name of the floor plan under the Buildings header and click the cog wheel
- You will now be able to change the building settings
Moving a camera and changing field of view
- Under Sites you will be able to locate the floor plan on the right hand side
- Click on the cog in the top right corner
- Click on Edit Cameras
- Click on the camera you would like to edit on that floor plan
- From here the camera should turn blue, and you will be able to drag and drop to a new location
- You can also click on the camera's field of view and drag it in the correct direction the camera is facing. You may have to zoom the floor plan in to properly rotate the field of view.
- Once finished you can click the x located in the top right corner to exit the edit window