Floor plans are a great way to plan and visualize a camera deployment. This document will go over the following:
- File requirements
- Uploading and aligning your floor plan
- Adding a camera
- Labeling a floor plan
- Removing a camera
- File must be an .svg file or .pdf file
- File should be less than 5MB in size
- Organization admin
Uploading and aligning your floor plan
- To add a floor plan, first go to the Maps and click the + in the left-hand navigation bar
- From there it will open a step-by-step menu
- Click the Browse button and navigate to the file you would like to upload
- Select the file and wait a moment while the file uploads (We only support .svg or .pdf files)
- Once the file is uploaded it needs to be assigned a location and oriented on the map
Next, you will be asked to add a new building, location, and floors.
*Delimit each floor using a comma. For example floors 1, 2 and 3 would be entered as 1, 2, 3
Adding a camera(s)
- Click the Settings gear icon in the top right of the screen
- Then click Add camera, this will pull up a window with available cameras
- Select the camera(s) you would like to add to the floor plan
- Drag and place the camera(s) where you want on your floor plan. After you add the camera you can then view live feed from that camera from the floor plan
*The view angle icons of a D80 (180 view/4-way split), D50 and D40 are all slightly different as you can see below.
Note that cameras placed on the Floor Plan will inherit the GPS coordinates from the underlying Google Map. If you edit the location of a Floor Plan, Command will ask if you want to move all cameras placed on the Floor Plan as well. The cameras will be assigned new GPS coordinates based on the new position of the Floor Plan.
Labeling a floor plan
You can add labels to describe your cameras or denote rooms or sections of your floor plan.
- Go to the top right, click the Settings icon
- Then go to Floor Settings and click the +Abc button
- The label can then be dragged and dropped wherever you want on your floor plan
Removing a camera
You can remove a camera from your Floor Plan with the following steps.
- Select the camera
- In the top right, go to Settings > Edit Camera
- Click Remove Camera