To edit the sensor's settings, select the gear icon in the top right of the sensor page.
This will open the sensor's settings menu.
Just like cameras, sensors can be added to a site or sub-site to define permissions.
To add a sensor to a site, select the dropdown under Site and then choose your preferred site.
To set the location of the sensor, select the pencil icon below Location. This will bring up a map and search bar. From here, you can type in an address or move the map to set the sensor location. Be sure to select Save to confirm the location settings.
Sensor Offline and Tamper Notifications
You can set notifications for when the Verkada Sensor goes offline or is tampered with.
You can select users to send these notifications to by using the Search users bar. Search for the user's name and select the user (or users) from the list. A check mark will be placed next to the user's name. Multiple users can be added in this method. To remove users, select the X next to their name below the search bar.
This is the unique identifier for your Sensor, used to claim the device to your Command organization.
Enabled Sensor Readings
Within the Enabled Sensor Readings section, the following readings can be enabled
- Temperature - Room temperature
- Humidity - Room humidity
- Motion - If motion is detected by the PIR sensor
- Noise Level - The noise level in the room in dB
- PM 2.5 - Fine particulate level measured in microgrammes per cubic meter
- Tamper - If the sensor is being tampered with
- TVOC - Volatile organic compound level in the air measured in parts per billion
- Air Quality Index - U.S. Air Quality Index, derived from multiple sensors
- Vape Index - A combined index which represents the likelihood that someone is vaping in the vicinity of the sensor
To enable a reading, simply select the reading under the Enabled Sensor Readings header. When a given reading is active, it will appear blue with a while check mark. To disable a reading, select it again. The check mark will disappear and it will turn gray again.