Viewing or changing your account settings
- If you haven't already, create your Command account
- Click your name in the top left of the portal and select Profile
- Here you can edit your account settings and activate two-factor authentication
When two-factor authentication is enabled you will have to enter a 6-digit code that is generated each time you log in. This is highly recommended for increased account security.
- Click Enable (next to Two-Factor Authentication on the profile page
- Re-enter your password to proceed
- Click whether you want to set up two-factor authentication through SMS or an authenticator app.
With two-factor authentication via SMS, you will receive the 6-digit code in a text message.
- Enter your phone number (this is separate from the number used for notifications)
- Enter the 6-digit code you received and select Verify
With two-factor authentication by an authentication app, you will receive the 6 digit code through that authentication app. This code expires every 30 seconds so you will need to check this app for the new 6 digit authentication code every time you log in.
- After selecting "Authenticator App" you'll be given a one time QR code for setup
- Scan the QR code with your Authenticator App
- Your app will generate a 6-digit code
- Enter the 6-digit code provided by the app and select Verify.
For help adding a QR code please consult with the app's vendor or documentation.
Disabling Two-Factor Authentication
If getting a new phone, changing your phone number, or deleting your authenticator app you'll need to disable Two-Factor Authentication to avoid getting locked out of your account.
To disable two-factor authentication, select Change on the Profile page next to Two-Factor Authentication. After you confirm your password you can disable your two-factor authentication by selecting Disable.
If you no longer have access to the two-factor authentication app, reach out to our Support team to assist.