When you load a page, the website will refer the users browser to the URL of embed. The iframe will appear as a black screen if the referring website doesn't match the domain name specified when the embed was created.
There are three steps for resolving embeds that won't load:
- Determine the referring website so you can specify a matching domain name when creating the embed
- Recreate an embed using the correct domain name
- Place the new embed in your website
Find the referring website
- On the webpage where you placed the embed, right click your browser and click 'Inspect'.
- In the top bar, click 'Network'
- In the search/filter bar type 'embed' (this will filter for just embed related requests)
- Click on the 'alphanumeric id' request
- Under the section of 'request headers' there will be a referrer url. This is the url/domain you need to put in Verkada Command(You only need up until the .com or .org in the example below the referring domain is verkadasupport.com)
*If you do not see the embed.html right away, click refresh to reload the page.
Recreate the embed using the correct domain name
- Go to the camera you would like to embed on your site.
- Click the share button(right next to the snapshot button)
- Navigate to the embed tab
- Type in your referrer domain
- Click 'create'
Place new embed on your website
- Copy the new embed link you just created in the step above
- Go to your sites admin portal
- Paste the html embed iframe where you would like the embed to be on your site
- Save and open site and make sure it works