Verkada actively monitors system health and displays camera status in your Command account. Green means the camera is operational and is recording; orange means the camera has gone offline or is otherwise experiencing technical issues.
Verifying phone number and email
To receive the notification to your email or via SMS you first need to verify your email and enter a phone number. To do this
- Click the name of the organization at the top left corner
- Click the Profile button
- Enter your phone number and click Save
- Enter in the 6 digit verification code that is sent to your phone
If your email address says Email address not verified and you need a new verification email sent contact support and we can resend the email to you.
Set up notifications in the browser
- Select the bell icon in the top right corner and select See All Notifications to go to the Notifications page.
- Select the gear icon near the bell icon to manage your Notification Settings
- Choose SMS, Email, or both next to Camera Status
Mobile push notifications with Verkada App
- Hold your finger on the right edge of the screen and swipe to the left
- Select Push Notification Settings
- Select Camera Status so the icon button slides to the right
Note: Notifications can take up to 20 minutes to send once alert conditions have been met.