To prevent water damage to an outdoor camera there must be a water tight seal on the cable gland and the desiccant pack should be installed properly.
1. Pull the ethernet wire through the cable "pass-through" and "Cable-gland"
2. Ensure there is about 3 to 5 inches of ethernet cable run through the "Pass-through"
3. Ensure the bend angle at the exit point from the cable gland is as close to 90 degrees as possible in relation to the nut
4.a Tighten the nut down as much as possible to compress the rubber gland down around the cable. Use a wrench to tighten even further
4.b Plug the Ethernet cable in, and ensure the cable is coming out of the gland at a 90 degree angle to ensure a water tight seal. (as shown below)
**NOTE: Once the camera casing is installed, the ethernet cable should not be visible through the dome:
5. Install the camera on to the mounting plate, log on to Verkada command and adjust the camera to its final position
6. Ensure the camera is properly configured, positioned, and ready to be finalized. The desiccant pack should only be installed once everything is done and the camera is ready to be tightened for the last time.
- Take off the dome and camera casing
- Install the desiccant
- Install the dome and camera casing for the last time, and secure it using the provided T10 Torx security screwdriver