Sub-sites are used to grant permissions to one or more cameras within a site. This eliminates having to create a new site each time you need to scope permissions to one more cameras. A sub-site can be nested within other sub-sites, providing a hierarchy of permissions for better access control.
Create a sub-site
- Navigate to the Sites page and select Manage Sites in the top right corner
- Hover your mouse over the site name and select Add Subsite
- Enter the name of the sub-site and select Add Subsite
- You will see the newly created Sub-site nested under the original Site
Permissions for Sub-sites
- A Sub-site always inherits user permissions from its parent Sub-site or Site. To add additional users or groups, select the 3 dots on the top right hand icon of the desired Site and select either Edit User Permissions or Edit Group Permissions.
- In User Permissions or Group Permissions view, you can edit user and group permissions of the Sub-site. Only users and groups who have access to the Sub-site will have the ability to view the cameras within the Sub-site from their Command account.
Users should now be able to access any cameras in the Sub-site with the permissions they have been granted.
Delete a sub-site
Disclaimer: You cannot delete a Sub-site until all cameras have been removed.
Remove all cameras from a Sub-site
- Select the camera
- Go to Settings
- Select on Site
- Move the camera to a different Site or Sub-site in the Change Camera Site box
- Select Save
Deleting the sub-site
- Find the Sub-site you wish to delete
- Hover your mouse over the desired Sub-site to bring up available tools and options
- Select the trash can icon
- Read the Delete Site warning and click Delete