Sub-sites are used to grant permissions to one or more cameras within a site. This eliminates having to create a new site each time you need to scope permissions to one more cameras. A sub-site can be nested in other sub-sites providing a hierarchy of permissions for better access control.
Create a sub-site
- Find the site where you want to create a sub-site, click the three dots on the top right hand corner, and click 'Create Sub-Site'.
- Enter a name for the sub-site in the Create field.
- Select which site or sub-site to create the new sub-site in.
- Select which cameras should be in the new sub-site.
- Once the sub-site is created, you will see it within the site.
- A sub-site always inherits user permissions from its parent sub-site or site. To add additional users or groups, click the 3 dots on the top right hand icon of the site and then click either 'Edit User Permissions' or 'Edit Group Permissions'.
- In User Permissions or Group Permissions view, you can edit user and group permissions on the sub-site. Only users and groups who have access to the sub-site will see the cameras within the sub-site in their Command account.
Users are now able to access any cameras in the sub-site with the permissions they have been granted.
Delete a sub-site
**You cannot delete a sub-site until all cameras have been removed.**
Remove all cameras from a sub-site:
- Click on the camera
- Go to Settings
- Click on Site
- Move the camera to a different site or sub-site in the Change Camera Site box
- Click Save
Then delete the sub-site:
- Find sub-site you want to delete
- Click the options icon
- Choose Delete Site
- Read the Delete site warning and click Delete