Groups are used to grant Viewer or Admin permissions to one or more cameras within a Site. This eliminates having to create a new Site each time you need to scope permissions to one more cameras. A Group can be nested in other Groups providing a hierarchy of permissions for better access control.
Create a Group
- Find the Site where you want to create a Group and click the Create group icon
- Enter a name for the Group in the Create field
- Select which Site or Group to create the new Group in.
- Select which cameras should be in the new Group
- Once the Group is created you will see it within the Site.
- A Group always inherits user permissions from its parent Group or Site. To add additional users, click the Edit permissions icon of the Group by rubbing over the right hand side of the Group.
- In Permissions enter the user and click Add Note: you can add multiple users.
- Set Viewer or Admin permissions for each new user that is added. When these users log in, they will only see the cameras within the Group.
Users are now able to access any cameras in Group with the permissions they have been granted. Below is an image of what the view looks like for the user who was added to the Group in this example.
Delete a Group
**You cannot delete a Group until all cameras have been removed.**
Remove all cameras from a Group
- Click on the camera
- Go to Settings
- Click on Site
- Move the camera to a different site or Group in the Change Camera Site box
- Click Save
Delete a Group
- Find Group you want to delete
- Click the options icon
- Choose Delete Site
- Read the Delete site warning and click Delete